We spend much of our lives in a workplace. Work is an important source of self worth, financial stability and the opportunity to utilize one’s talents and skills. Once an individual passes through his or her workplace door each day, there are important federal and state laws which pertain to the employer-employee relationship. We understand that while most people have a productive and satisfying career, there are times when the employment relationship needs to be documented, channeled, corrected, terminated, righted or resolved. We are available to consult and assist in all aspects of the employment relationship. having extensive experience in legal matters that involve addressing issues and rights in the workplace.
Our practice areas include:
- Affordable Care Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Compliance and Risk Analysis
- Covenants Not-to-Compete (Non-Competition Agreements)
- Employment Contracts
- Defense of employment discrimination involving age (Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967), race, color, sex, religion, national origin (Missouri Human Rights Act and Civil Rights Act of 1964) or pregnancy
- Equal Pay Act
- ERISA Compliance
- Executive Employment Contracts
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Physician Employment Agreements
- Reasonable Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Missouri Human Rights Act (MHRA)
- Severance Agreements
- Sexual Harassment
- Trade Secrets Law
- Union Labor Issues
- Wage and Hour (Fair Labor Standards Act)
- Whistleblower Litigation and Public Policy Exception
Employment Law Articles
On Saturday, Aug. 8, 2020, President Donald Trump issued a presidential memorandum (not an executive order, as reported in the popular press) suggesting deferral of the employee portion of FICA taxes from Sept. 1, 2020, through the end of 2020. The full text of...
These are trying times for employees and employers alike in just about every industry imaginable. Disrupted work, adjusting to work from home (for the lucky ones!), uncertainty about how long stay-at-home and social distancing orders will last, outright business...
All elections are important; it's just that some elections seem more important than others. Presidential election cycles always fall into that latter category, and thus this upcoming primary election, and then the general election in November, are of perceived, if not...
It seems like the campaign ads, especially the negative, bombastic ads, have been hitting all of us for months. Now the mid-term election is just days away (and then, fortunately, the ads will stop). Of course, regardless who wins the elections and what propositions...